Director of Retirement Strategy
Posted on 09/23/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Director of Retirement Strategy leads the strategy activities of GuideStone’s retirement line of business (LOB) including business strategy development, market engagement, and research and innovation. This individual also serves as a strategic consultant and will be responsible for amplifying GuideStone Retirement’s competitive position by identifying new product and service offerings and building the differentiating capabilities needed to outperform the competition.
What you will do:
- Business Strategy Development
- Build and execute a sound long-term business strategy which positions the Retirement line of business competitively and increases market share, diversifies revenue, and delivers sustainable profitable growth.
- Provide strategic consulting for the LOB, influencing and supporting enterprise level decision-making, and to support the team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Works with the Chief Retirement Officer to set the strategic direction of the LOB and is responsible for leading strategy ideation, concept design, feasibility studies, and proposal development.
- Synthesize findings into insights across projects, including implications that inform business decisions.
- Collaborate with all functions within the Retirement line of business including sales, relationship management, product development, compliance, operations, and other support areas to conduct feasibility studies and develop robust strategy for new products and services.
- Communicate and coordinate with other GuideStone product lines and shared services to deliver new comprehensive solutions to our customers and prospects.
- Responsible for the new product and services roadmap and conducting business strategy reviews to assess progress and drive awareness of strategy achievement.
- Oversee metric-focused goals around data and trend analysis to guide organizational strategy development. Manage KPI reporting and synthesize most important information from teams across the organization.
- Market engagement
- Serves as the primary interface with marketing and PR for the Retirement LOB and direct strategic market engagement initiatives. This includes coordinating with the other areas of the Retirement LOB including sales, relationship management, operations, and product development.
- Establish strategic partnerships, vendor relationships and associational/denominational alliances which assist in the ideation and discovery of new product and service offerings.
- Partner with internal stakeholders in the evaluation of mergers, acquisitions, and alliances.
- Research and innovation
- Develop new business models that outline customer segments, value propositions, communication/distribution/sales channels, customer relationships, revenue streams, key resources, key activities, key partners, and cost structures.
- Explore adjacent and innovative products that complement the needs of the LOB’s client or prospect base.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of customers, competitors, partners, business models, market sizing, regulatory, legislative and industry trends. Develops and maintains an understanding of the merger and acquisition (M&A), and public market environment and trends. Leads market landscape analyses and reviews of companies of potential interest.
- Conduct in-depth market, competitor, prospect, and customer research as related to new product and service offerings.
- Lead the analysis of threats, opportunities, strengths, and weaknesses to identify attractive new market segments for expansion.
- Develop business plans which outline strategies, systems, direction, and processes to be used to capture new product and service opportunity.
- Determine the Retirement total addressable market (TAM), serviceable available market (SAM) and serviceable obtainable market (SOM)
- Display a growth mindset to conscientiously innovate and adapt as needed in response to internal and external factors and to continually elevate service for an evolving customer profile
Supervisory Responsibilities and/or Relationships
- Responsible for full scope of supervision including reviewing performance of assigned staff.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for the Retirement Data & Analytics Manager.
- Lead cross-functional and cross-organizational team as needed.
- The leader is expected to be accountable, commit to excellence, be trustworthy and deliver selfless service as a member of the Retirement line of business leadership team.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree, preferred.
- Travel is required up to 15% annually.
- Southern Baptist Church membership preferred.
- Proven track record of successfully leading businesses into new strategic areas. Proven leadership and management ability.
- 5+ years of experience in strategy consulting or industry consulting experience preferred.
- Experience mentoring others in a strategic environment.
- 5+ years management/leadership experience.
- M&A experience would be a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of the Retirement industry and products, investment products, and knowledge of regulations and tax rules for church-based businesses, and the competitive environment relative to GuideStone products.
- Extensive knowledge of GuideStone Retirement including all products offered, how they operate, the strengths and weaknesses of each, and how they relate to competitors’ products and services.
- Proficient PC skills in MS Office and appropriate GuideStone system applications.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Track record of business development success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to align products, processes, people, and technology to build businesses.
- Ability to establish priorities for multiple tasks.
- Total dedication to customer excellence in service.
Please login to apply for this job.