Insurance Business Analyst
Posted on 10/13/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The purpose of this position is to support the Program Management department as it relates to the definition, design, test, and implementation of technological solutions. The position is responsible for identifying and solving business problems and needs of internal and external customers to effectively develop software solutions that will optimize the customer experience.
What you will do:
- Assist with gathering and coordinating data and customer feedback to define features, stories, and enhancements for new and existing software solutions.
- Assist with leading cross-functional teams and collaborating with stakeholders to identify, determine, and define the desired state of technological solutions for internal and external customers.
- Create business requirements and specifications to develop or enhance software applications, business functions, and workflows.
- Identify process improvements to implement operational efficiencies.
- Communicate requirements to the Insurance Scrum team for system development.
- Create user acceptance test plans and scenarios, coordinate and conduct testing with business units to ensure product development quality.
- Act as a subject matter expert for solutions in development.
- Identify system errors and report solutions to the Insurance Scrum team.
- Act as a liaison between business units and the Insurance Scrum team to resolve project issues.
- Act as a subject matter expert for deployed solutions.
- Assist with establishing go-to-market strategies for new customer interfaces and feature updates.
- Assist with conducting and/or coordinating training sessions and developing marketing and educational materials.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong analytical skills to conceptualize complex insurance logic and identify impacted scenarios.
- Experience developing and executing software test plans and test cases preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of internal processes, software applications, products, services, and markets for GuideStone’s insurance line of business.
- Demonstrates innovation when evaluating the business implications of technology solutions.
- Ability to identify opportunities for enhancement and adapt to changing business needs.
- Excellent communication skills, negotiation, and mediation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team-oriented mindset.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies a plus.
- Highly proficient PC skills in MS Office and all applicable GuideStone system applications.
Please login to apply for this job.